Welcome to Care for our Common Home Foundation (CFOCH), a private, nonprofit organization headquartered in San Jose, California. We are committed to journeying with youth to create a platform for promoting environmental and social innovations, aiming to uphold environmental justice and realize sustainable development. Our goal is to improve the common home we share by enhancing environmental awareness and doing our part of each person's social responsibility, regardless of age, to create a hope-filled future. We are run completely by student volunteers and believe that everyone, regardless of age, can make contributions and strive to improve our common home.
Did you know that it can take 2700 liters of water just to make a cotton T-shirt and 3781 liters of water to make a pair of jeans? This is because cotton is an extremely drought intolerant plant. Cotton also only takes up 2.5% of agricultural land but accounts for 16% of pesticides and 6.8% of herbicides used in the world.Learn More
Every year, 5-14 million tons of plastic are dumped into the ocean. This means 500 pounds of plastic enter the ocean every second. However, if that much plastic entered the ocean every year, then visible, floating plastic debris would only account for about 1% of the total trash in the ocean. Where is the other 99%?Learn More
Sea ice is frozen ocean water. It grows and melts in the ocean, and most of it is found in the Arctic and Antarctica. Sea ice has a huge impact on our global climate.Learn More